SimVitro® HerdFlex™ beef embryos take your beef-on-dairy program to the next level. These full beef embryos are specifically-mated to excel in carcass quality, ribeye size and $B. The resulting calves will perform in the feedlot and on the rail.
SimVitro® HerdBuilder™ embryos are specifically-mated to create superior replacement animals for beef and dairy cattle producers. The high-quality grade 1 embryos allow the producer to select both sides of the pedigree, providing more control and selection for consistency.
A New approach to IVF in Livestock Operations
These premium Jersey, Holstein, Angus and targeted beef breed embryos are a new way for implementation of in vitro fertilization (IVF) in your cattle operation.
Innovation Builds Opportunity
SimVitro® cattle embryos result from decades of the J.R. Simplot Company’s animal science research and development dedicated to making commercial application of in vitro fertilization (IVF) economically feasible.
IVF with SimVitro® embryos help you meet a variety of herd goals:
- Changing herd genetics in a single generation
- Increasing the economic value of calves
- Implementing an efficient, cost-effective breeding solution for crossbred cows
- Improving pregnancy rates in heat-stressed and repeat breeder cattle
- Reducing dystocia due to birth weight in heifers
Why In Vitro Fertilization (IVF)?
IVF is the process of fertilizing oocytes collected from donor cows with semen in a laboratory setting. It has been proven to improve reproductive quality and efficiency in both dairy and beef cattle.
5 ways IVF can improve your operation:
- Increased herd production
- Improved product quality
- Wider variety of donor genetics
- Higher pregnancy rates during times of heat stress
- Cost control